Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2011

Beef, Dreams, and Vitamin D

I have decided I am not going to eat any beef on this diet. I know I am going to get entirely sick of tilapia, I can have other types of fish including shrimp and lobster. So, my fish for the day can vary and keep me interested. The chicken is going to be another ball of wax. I am going to be so tired of eating chicken every day I know, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or so they say.

Ask any most women and they will tell you about pregnancy dreams. Hell, they were so vibrant and consistent with my first three pregnancies I knew I was pg with my fourth child 4 days BEFORE missing a period. I woke up one morning after having dreamt all night long these very vibrant dreams. I sat straight up in my bed from a deep dreamily sleep and said, "I'm pregnant". I took the test that afternoon and got an ever so slight positive result. Nine months later a large 9lb 10oz strapping baby boy arrived not exactly on time, but none the less he arrived.

So what I'm trying to say is that you are going to dream and dream and dream. My sleep is so cozy and restful, I have been on diets before, taken amphetamines to curb hunger is great but lying there wide awake all night in a dreadful sense of frustration is defiantly not.

Dr. Simeon's references sun bathing in his book, he allows it, of course without the use of tanning oils. Mineral oil is allowed so I use it on my skin twice a day. I have decided to visit the tanning bed on my lunch for the duration of this diet. My reasons are multi-fold, first I usually take 15 vitamin and supplements a day, yeah I tend to rattle when I walk. Vitamin D is of course one of those. Simeon's recommends taking 99 mg of potassium daily so I take that. My physician recommended taking Calcium and Vitamin D. I don't want all the fillers the pill supplements have so I figure getting my vitamin D from tanning is better. I do take alcohol in and wipe the bed down so I don't get any oils from previous tanners. I lay a towel over the headrest even after cleaning it because it is soft plastic and still seems oily. Another reason is I am very fair and I have to build up to the summer sun. I cannot enjoy a day in the summer sun with my family without burning, even if I use sun block so for the last few years in early spring I start to build my base up. The other reason and maybe the most important reason is I want to push my lunch as late as I can. Leaving the office and doing errands is a great way to keep me busy.

Speaking of the oils on the tanning bed, I forgot to mention in the cosmetics blog a few days ago that I used a mild soap and water to wipe down my mascara, blush and eyeshadow containers to free them of any of the oils from my foundation and skinny that were left behind. I need to wipe the steering wheel of my car, I did the keyboard and mouse already.

No comments:

Post a Comment