Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 2 VLCD

This morning starts Day 2 VLCD and day  4 of my HCG injections. As you might imagine I was anxious to get on the scale. I woke around 7 and layed in bed for 45 minutes before rising. It's Saturday and Sam, my 15 yr old has basketball tournaments today beginning at 2 p.m. I am going to clean and do some laundry until around noon. I am an emotional eater and if I do not plan out my free time with activities and chores I feel I'll have a harder time with the diet. So I have decided to go through all my closets, garage, storage building and the house in town and have a yard sale early April. I have to do this anyway as we are selling the house in town and I have to downsize all of this stuff. Perfect timing IMO. I think if anyone is planning on doing this diet it is a good tip. Keeping busy keeps my mind off my hunger.

Currently I have no hunger. Yesterday was very mild, I did have a few minutes of low hunger and mild stomach growling. Not anything that caused me any concern. I have no cravings, and my 452 calories consumed yesterday were plenty satisfying. I must have loaded correctly because everything is going as declared by Dr. Simeons in his book.

Mild hunger, what exactly does that mean? This is a question I asked myself before starting his vlcd. I read blogs of other HCG'rs and they would describe the hunger as mild. I thought, yeah what is their definition of mild?  To me it's like you know your stomach feels light and you could eat and not be uncomfortable eating, but have no real desire to do so. There are no cravings and it feels good to know that I am making progress toward my goals. There is no sick feeling or sense of urgency to get food in my stomach. It's very easy to ignore and within 15 minutes the small twinge of growl goes away and a satisfaction that I would get from eating a small meal sets in.

Now the tale of the scale. I was hoping to get a pound loss this morning. Remember I was thinking that I may see the calories from loading sneak up on me like the turtle did the hare. I did eat six thousand calories over maintenance on my two days of loading. In all actuality I should have gained 2 pounds during loading. So when I stepped on the scale it read 174.2. YIPPEEE!!! My weight at Day 1 loading was 177.6 and stayed that way until this morning. That ladies and gentlemen is a 3.4 pound weight loss in one day. A good bit of it is water weight, of which I am well aware. The water weight has to come off first and the fat loss will follow, but it is an amazing start IMHO.

Day 1 Starting weight:  177.6
Day 2 Current weight:  174.2
______________________
Total loss in 1 day =       3.4 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment