Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 25, 2011

Oil Free Cosmetics

Today was the first day I used the newly purchased oil free cosmetics. Of course it is Day 1 of VLCD. I washed my hair and did not use any conditioner. Needless to say my hair felt like straw. Dr. Simeon's allows mineral oil so I took about a dime size in my palm, rubbed my hands together and worked it through my hair. I had purchased mousse that is oil free and used two palm size areas of it. At first my hair felt heavy and it took twice the time to dry as it does when I use my conditioner and skinny. After an hour or so I was really liking my hair. It's shiny and holds it's volume well. So I'm happy, I was really worried about how my hair was going to fair. We'll see how it does as the days go on with this VLCD.

I also bought some powder foundation. It is in a shaker jar and I bought a very fine brush to use with it. I'm pleased at how well it does. I put some of the organic coconut oil on my face right before I brushed the powder on, I put both on all over my face just as I would liquid foundation. Dr. Simeons does not say anything about coconut oil so I'm going to fore-go it for the duration of this diet. I'll stick with the mineral oil as it is on his approved list. I used my powder eye shadow, blush and mascara as usual as it contains no oils. My makeup looked just the way it would have if I would have used the cream foundation. That is a really big relief. I work in a professional building and need to look decent. LOL

This evening we went to the movies. I didn't want to sit around in front of the TV thinking about eating and snacking. Popcorn has to be eaten at the movies with a great big diet coke and at least a box of Mike and Ikes, or does it? I can successfully say NO it does not.

Before leaving the house I cut up an apple in sections removing the core and seeds, took one wedge of lemon and sqeezed it all over. I wrapped it in foil and put it in my purse. While my son and hubby were munching on popcorn and candy bars I was enjoying my delicious apple. It was the perfect mix of sweet and sour, and crunchy like the popcorn. I was surprised at how it satisfied me. I got a large cup of water, they charged me $2.40 for the cup filled 1/4 way up with ice. They offered me a courtesy cup but it was so small and I felt I needed to get in another 32 oz of water.

I asked for the large cup and told them I would pay for the cup and ice but was surprised that they charged me full soft drink price for it. I had to go to the water fountain to get my water to boot. Anyway, we saw "Just Go with It" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston and it was really funny. The night was fun and kept my mind off mindless snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment