Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stuff about me.

As a child I was never fat. I was always underweight for my height and didn't begin to gain weight until I met my husband. In the 3 years we lived together I gained 40 lbs. We had our first child together and I gained an additional 22 lbs. I was at my heaviest ever at 172. A local weight loss clinic popped up in our mall that sold Phen/Fhen, it was called the 3 o'clock diet. Doing that diet for 6 months I lost 52 lbs. I was almost at my high school weight. I was 118.

After the birth of my 4th child I went back on phentermine, without the Fhen, which was off the market by then. Back to 130 lbs I felt good and maintained this weight loss for a total of 5 years. PPD set in and I regained all that weight and all the way up to 212 lbs, my biggest yet. I was horrified, miserable and fat. Beginning my quest to get healthy again I started counting calories and lost 65 lbs. I thought I had finally figured out how to eat and how to listen to my body. Really I had, but I allowed boredom to get the best of me. In August of 2010 I was 147 and very muscular, this morning I weighed in at 177.6. So in six months I have gained 30 lbs. I could just kick myself. The alcohol I have been consuming is 75 percent of this gain. I have a taste for red wine. So I heard about the HCG diet last summer and have discovered that my ob/gyn runs a HCG program out of his wellness center. Yesterday I had my appointment.

I met with my doctor and he gave me an overview of the program. I have done my research and I knew I wanted to pursue this diet. Do I think this is a cure all? Not in the least. I am squeezing into my clothes, they are very uncomfortable and I have to get this weight off. I am losing sleep over the agony of gaining all this weight in such a short amount of time and I'm going to take it off in a short amount of time. Hell or high water, I'm going to do this. I know that after losing the 30 lbs I will need to stay away from alcohol on a daily basis and only indulge on special occasions. I have to stay away from processed foods and calorie count. I'm not in any denial that this is a cure for my yo-yo dieting. Maintenance is a life long struggle for me. I hope I never have to go through the pain of losing a lot of weight again only to gain it back over and over.

This morning I took my first injection. Filling the syringe to 14 cc was difficult at first, but I got it finally. Pinching my skin on my waist and looking at that needle I was cringing, but I thought you have to do this. I did and it was a breeze, it burned very little (due to the alcohol prep) and that was it. Nice to know they don't hurt at all and that part is all good ;o).

So the 1st and 2nd days are load days. I went to McDonald's this morning and placed an order for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit, hash brown, side of gravy and a diet coke. That is my favorite breakfast from there and I haven't had it in a while. It was good but a little sickening. I took the HGC right before I ate at 8:20 a.m. It is now 9:40 a.m and I have been light headed for about 40 minutes now. In all the research and blogs I have read about HGC never have I heard of being light headed with it. So I need to find out if this is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment