Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eyes, Sex, and Critics

I've noticed a decrease in moisture, In my eyes as well as during sex. I have stopped wearing my contacts because of dryness. I use Restasis usually but I don't know what the ingredients are and I don't want to chance it. So I'm donning my glasses. Now for the juicy parts, well the non-juicy parts anyway. tee hee

I have a sex drive, I can have an orgasm it's just that the particular moister is way below normal production. 'D' noticed too, and felt like I wasn't turned on by him, but truly I was I just couldn't muster the moist. I know I'm getting older but come on, I'm starting to grow cobwebs. j/k

So I miss my wine, I cannot wait to go out to dinner on the first Friday I'm done with the vlcd. I don't care that I cannot have starch or sugar. I just want to eat something other than a few cups of veggies and fish or chicken. I'm developing an aversion. I did have cottage cheese twice last week instead of my fish, but it wasn't really that good. hmmm, cottage cheese maybe I could use it for some moisture? LOL. 
*wonders is oysters are on the approved list* 

The scale just sucked this morning. I didn't lose a single gram. So my weight is the same as it was yesterday, remember I stayed the same for two days prior to a 1.8 lb loss. It's very frustrating to go an entire day on less than 500 calories and not see a drop, but the end result is amazing to put it lightly. I have in 13 days lost 14.2 lbs, it would have taken me 3 months to lose that much weight eating 1300 calories a day. Not to mention that I was still hungry even with 1300 calories. So I'll take this diet over that, also I gained back weight after doing calorie counting and losing 52 lbs over 2 years so what is the difference? In my case none!! I know how I should eat, I know what is good for me and what is bad.

This is the argument some like to make about losing weight quickly. That you don't learn how to eat for your body and just go back to your old habits. Well, change the food industry and we may make some headway. It costs a lot to eat healthy, veggies and fruit are expensive in cold winter climates. I grow a huge garden in the summer and harvest and put up over 400 qts. My pasta sauce starts with a 3 inch tomato plant, not a jar. So I don't want to hear any "near do wellers" preaching to me, they may be able to if they go to the extent I do in making my food. It's the cost in the winter that is the problem, I always gain my weight in the winter on comfort foods. Maybe I need to move to a warmer climate. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment