Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kids, friends and Co- workers

Ah, well I promised to write a week ago. I have been neglecting this blog, but for good reason I assure you.
I have a friend who suggested I test my youngest with a glucose meter. He is about 13 lbs overweight, is 10 yrs old and keeps gaining.

I went to Wal-Mart, bought a meter, the test strips, a lancet device, lancets, and keytone strips. It set me back over $100.00. It, however seems to be worth it's weight in gold. I tested three of my boys, myself and 'D'. Of all tested my youngest who is the only one of my 4 boys who is overweight had levels that we too high. My friend knew, somehow magically that he probably had an insulin problem and that is why he is overweight.

So I am changing his diet, I am cutting out refined foods, most sugar and feeding him lots of foods from the outer parimeter of the grocery. I have been worrying over his weight for a good while and I'm so happy to have begun to change his health. I have been so extremely busy finding low carb kid friendly recipes it's taken all my time. Here is an example of the last few days.

Breakfast every morning
Bacon and eggs, all the bacon he wanted and 2 over easy eggs.

Lunch d1 turkey and cheese wrapped in lettuce with 1tbs of mayo
Pork Rinds
1 oz mixed nuts
Raw broccoli with ranch
Bottle of Water

After School Snack
No Carb Pizza
This is a yummy YUMMY recipe!!! I will leave it on here the next blog I write.

Dinner D1
Homemade chicken strips fried in olive oil coated with egg and almond flour
Green Beans with 4 tbs butter
Broccoli with Ranch

Breakfast D2 eggs and bacon as mentioned above

Lunch
Leftover chicken strips in Almond Flour
Nuts
Pork Rinds
Salad With Ranch

After School Snack
Celery with All Natural Peanut Butter (only ingredient is peanuts)

Dinner
Oven Roasted Cornish Hens
1/2 Potato drenched in butter and sour cream
Spinach Salad w/ Ranch

Those two days he lost 3 lbs!!!

I have other menus but not the time to post. I will post again and add recipes as I have time.

On the Friend and Co-worker subject; it's funny when I started this diet all my friends sort of gave me this weird look and I got the impression they thought I was wasting my time. Well, I spent the morning explaining what I was doing and they want to do it. IMAGINE THAT!!!

The reason they want to do it is because today VLCD 34 I am down 27.5 lbs. That is even with a few cheats in there. Yes, I have cheated. Dr. Simeons may have had a few things wrong. I plan on eating some crow! If you have been reading, you know that I was going to follow this diet to the absolute T, not eat beef yada yada yada. This is a tough diet and even the strongest will weakens. Some can stick to it and not cheat, but I found that I actually had some better losses doing a few things different, with the help of reading another blog.

Well, I must sign off for now. Got a recipe to try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment