Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 1, 2011

Second Nature

I never thought for a minute in the first, second and even third weeks of this diet that I would say this.

I have been planning my first non VLCD meals, the first day after completing P2 will be 4/7/11. I think I posted in this blog about what I was going to eat. At this point and time I really don't crave those meals any longer. I suppose I will eat eggs and bacon for bfast, but the whole planning of that day is no longer on the forefront of my mind. Eating was something I looked forward to, it was something to do while bored, or depressed, or pissed. I planned food for all special occasions. Now eating and food is something I only think about when it's time for my body to use as fuel. I have no desire for sweets, I did find a sweetener that I feel is the best choice health wise for my kids and husband, but I don't feel the need for cake, pie, doughnuts or any other sweets.

I enjoy cooking but don't feel the need to eat what I cook. I know that if I would start eating sugar sweetened products I would again begin to crave them. I know that I will indulge in sweets again, but it will be sweets that I make using low carb flour alternatives, and the new sweetener I have purchased. I am going to make strawberry jam with my sweetener this weekend. It came in the mail on Wednesday and I can't wait to do my jam!

I lost another .60 of a pound yesterday. I am now averaging .90 a day for the last 4 days. Cutting out fruit and adding those calories in fat has really proven to work for me. I am so satisfied now that I don't think about food, as I know I've already mentioned. I even forgot my shot this morning. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT, I never ever ever thought I would forget to take my shot, it's just not on my mind anymore. I did go back home at lunch and take it after I remembered I had forgotten <That's an oxymoron for ya!!! tee hee

I am going to post my recipes in separate blog posts. I think it will be easier to link them. First is the delicious no-carb pizza, but don't tell your kids what's in it, they won't eat it because it's cauliflower! Yes if you've never had a pizza made with riced cauliflower crust you are in for a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment