Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 1, 2011

Low Carb Pizza


Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 cup cooked riced cauliflower
1 egg
1tbs butter
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and herb seasoning
pizza or alfredo sauce > I can my own pizza sauce but if you don't get no sugar added sauce.
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese

Mix cauliflower, mozzarella cheese and eggs in medium bowl, press mixture down on greased pizza or cookie sheet with 1 tbs of butter. Evenly cover crust with Mrs. Dash. Bake in 350 oven for 12-15 minutes, for a double recipe bake for 15-20 minutes.

Top pizza and put back in oven on broil just long enough to melt cheese. You may want to heat your sauce before spreading on pizza. I don't use sauce on my youngest son's part of the pizza, he doesn't like it, so he gets cheesy pizza bread.

Riced Cauliflower
1- 16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower > I use only a fresh head of raw cauliflower it rices very easily
I use a 2-qt covered dish and microwave the cauliflower (Don't add water) until it is cooked, 8 minutes. Using mitts, carefully pour water from the cauliflower. Allow to cool with lid removed. With raw cauliflower I used water, and drained very well for 10 minutes.

Cauliflower can be riced in several ways.
1. Food processor
2. Santoku knife
3. Using a cheese grater
4. Using a ricer
Store covered and refrigerated until use.
Note: You can use a head of raw cauliflower to make your riced cauliflower. Simply process/rice the head prior to cooking in the microwave.
Makes approximately 3 cups riced.
Serves 6.

I doubled this recipe and it made a 8x14 inch rectangular pizza. I used sandwich pepperoni. Enjoy and don't tell anyone your secret until after they taste it. I told my 15 yr old after he ate it and when he found out if was cauliflower he said "I'm not eating it" this was after he said how good it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment