Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chained to the kitchen

Really I've just been avoiding the mountain of laundry strewn about the house. lol. I hate laundry so I've been cooking all day long. So far I have made


Breakfast Quiche 168 calories in each, I will post later, a very good P3 choice

Fried a pound of Bacon for breakfast for the boys this week. I put it in a bowl and then pop about 7 pieces in the microwave at breakfast for 1 minute for them to have with eggs.

Made almond pancakes with strawberry and cream topping for the boys, 'T' gobbled them up.

Made 7 half pints of no-sugar strawberry syrup. I water bath canned them for 10 minutes and did not cook as long so I got a syrup instead of a jam. I used 8 cups of strawberries, 1 1/3 cup of water and 1/4 tsp of sweetzfree. It is still warm, I'm hoping it firms up just a little bit more.

I made Italian Ziti for my 25 yr old son. He lives alone and I made it to take to him when I pick him up at 5. It really looks goooood, but that is a big NO NO right now.

Made a Buffalo Chicken salad for dinner, 260 calories in total. The old recipe was 1120 calories and I used greek yogurt with onions, buttermilk and hot sauce to do the dressing. I will post that as time permits.

I'm getting the boys lunches ready for tomorrow, they are going to have Chef Salads, so I just cut up extra romaine, iceburg, kale, cukes, red pepper,  tomato and onions in a big pot. I'll use that as a base for the Buffalo salad tonight and their Chef Salads in the morning.

Wow, it seems like I should have more food done, I've been going at it all day. I did clean the fridge out and pulled it totally apart so that took a good bit of time.

Tonight is some sort of Wrestling Show, Money in the bank or something. It's the WWE and my boys love it so I ordered it for them because they have been so very good about the new way we are eating in our house. 'T' is still in ketosis so I know he hasn't been cheating. I am allowing 'S' to eat what he wants, he needs some extra weight and does not have insulin issues, as long as he is part of the team and doesn't give his brother a hard time he gets rewarded too. It's nice to have everyone working together to get 'T' where he needs to be weight wise. I hope my boys learn life long lessons about food. It just donned on me that my kids have not had soda pop in 7 weeks and have not asked for it once. They have been drinking water and I just introduced them to green tea with sweetzfree, he loved it!

Neither one of them liked the smoothie shake I made last night, but I put about 2 oz in paper cups with a Popsicle stick and froze them. They did not connect the two and gobbled up the freezes for snack. 'S' went to the fridge freezer for another one and scoffed that I didn't have any, I said they are in the chest freezer, he happily helped himself to another one. tee hee I tricked them. That recipe is on my blog under April posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment