Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 2, 2011

One more shot

Tomorrow will be my last shot day. I'm pretty happy about that! I have only 4 VLCD left. I have not really been following protocol yesterday or today. I made vegetable soup and I have no idea how many calories are in it. I do know not more than 200 per serving because I did log that on a calorie count site before. I'll have to go check it out. I have lost 27.5 lbs, I didn't lose anything this morning, but my guess is the 5 vodka and water drinks I had at the diner last night are to blame. YIKES I do love my vodka. Wait that is not entirely true. It was 3 vodka/waters at the diner, and 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio at the Grille.

'D' and I went out and had steak, I didn't go over my allowed 3.5 oz and had lettuce salad with ACV, but somehow the words 'Pinot Grigio' just slipped out. Then I figured I'd had one glass what the hell, I had another. It was delicious. Some of the girls on a forum said wine tasted funny to them, but it was simply a little taste of heaven for me!!!

On the kiddo side of things; 'T' was been doing high fat, low carb since Monday, I have not counted his calories at all. I give him bacon and eggs for breakfast, all sorts of fatty dressings, cheese, nuts for lunch and dinner. I do give him 100% whole wheat bread no sugar addes with butter, and he even had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch one day with provolone and Colby cheese and 2 tbs of butter to toast it. That was in Thursdays lunch. This was recommended by a good friend. So I put T on the scales this morning. He has lost 4.5 lbs in 5 days. Pretty stinkin impressive I think. I am going to get him an appointment to get his blood glucose and A1C done. I'm really worried he may be on his way to Type 2 diabetics if I don't get his diet under control. I have been busting my hump getting all his meals prepared from scratch.

I am making him shrimp tacos tonight. I'm going to post the recipe. I want to try to post all my recipes here, in case someone is in the same boat I am in with an overweight child. Maybe this will help someone else, my friend 'L' has helped me for sure.

After 4/6/11 my first day on P3 I am going to post all my starting weight and measurements and the final pounds and inches lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment