Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Raising Kids!

My post is a little late this morning. I did get good news this morning on the scale, but I got side tracked in posting. I have a child who, to put it lightly, has trouble getting his homework and daily assignments on the front end of the teachers desk. 'J' my 20 yr old son, who is more than qualified has been tutoring him and helping him in his studies and has helped him understand. Most everything has been graded and his gpa has skyrocketed.

Well, there are still a few missing assignments and I have emailed this teacher one too many times about where they are. I ain't ah jest whistling Dixie. She side steps my questions and concerns every time I bring up issues.

There was is a problem with the email on our online server and I did mention this issue to the teacher in my last email. She, in an attempt to solve the email issue, sent me instructions on how to update my account. Well, I don't need instructions, I have a degree in Computer Information Systems. What I need to know dag nabit, is where are the assignments, do you have them and if so would you please grade them! She avoided the entire question of my sons education and instead wrote me a 3 paragraph page on updating email. That is not the question at hand, would I really be just interested in email? No I want to stay on top of his education.

Anyway, I spent the morning constructing an email, trying to instruct her brain, the best way I know how, the real reason I am in contact. I want to know about his progress, please answer my questions lady. I have a history with her in that I have tried to make her understand my son is not grasping concepts. She informed me last year he certainly did and was just lazy. No, I have a tutor and he is not grasping concepts, I can assure her of that. She just doesn't want to be bothered to investigate any further and dismisses it to not turning stuff in. Well, he does have that problem, but the reason he is not turning it in is because algebra is not seeping in.

I have now stepped off my soap box and will update the diet in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment