Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Frustration, Shoes, and Caffeine.

Now, down from my soap box I can update my experience with the HCG Diet. As some of you may have picked up on, I was rather irritated, frustrated and downright flabbergast this morning. As I was posting about the situation at school with my son I could feel the fire in my skin. If you were sitting across from me you could see it too. My chest was the color of a newly acquired sunburn received at the annual Fourth of July picnic.

Frustration set in this morning, for the life of me I could not decide what caused it.I have a few theories. For one, I will be starting my cycle in 10 days or so. Always without fail 10 days to two weeks before my period I turn from generally pissed off to totally homicidal. On the other hand I got into a discussion with my co-worker on the state of education in our country, and worse than the education of the country, only 5 states do worse educating children compared to where I live. This, to those of you who have noticed my poor use of punctuation and lack of proper grammar, should cause you to shake your head and say "yes, well that explains a lot".

So I've been riled up all day long about my kids and the grim outlook of their future. Not to mention the teacher and her skill at side stepping actual issues. I do not want it to seem like I am teacher bashing in any way. I am not, teachers are the backbone of the country and very important role models for our children. As in any profession there are those who don't belong there.

Is this frustration directly related to the low calorie diet? This is my third theory. I have for the most part been enjoying euphoria. I've been very optimistic since beginning day 1 vlcd. I have not slept better since: you know, I can't remember ever sleeping better. So what gives? Am I doomed to repeat this frustration for the duration of the diet? This could put a damper on the support my husband offers. Generally speaking he is pretty happy about this diet. Because as I mentioned previously I've been pretty damn happy on HGC.

I slipped out at lunch and visited the tanning bed, I was planning on going to the store to pick up a few things my kids need at home. I wear my slippers at my desk when I wear heals to work, so when I put my shoes on I realized why I don't wear this particular pair very often. They have a tendency to slide off, you know the kind. The ones that have a downward slope, with no strap or back to them. The kind that if your not careful you will be happily on your way and all the sudden you kick them up in the air behind you and knock yourself smack dab in the back of the head. So I'll put off the trip to the drug store until tomorrow. Nothing on the list is critically low anyway.

So, I had my tanning session, it was extremely nipply in that room today btw. Needless to say I was happy to get my clothes back on and be on my way. As I was walking down the steps, with my toes curled up and hanging on to my shoes for dear life, I heard this sort of scream, I looked up and this red Toyota Corolla with a beat up fender and bad paint job rolls down the street past me. There are two people in the car, a female who is using her hand like an Indian does a tomahawk, and screams "Will you leave me the fawk alone"?  and then there was the guy gripping the steering wheel with all his might and staring straight ahead at the road. I may not be Little Ms. Sunshine today, but I'm having a better day than that chick. I got back to work, shoes still in tact and felt hungry.

I want to push eating to 2pm so I decided to have a cup of tea. I went to get my cup and it still had coffee in it from this morning. Then it donned on me, caffeine. I had three 12 oz cups of coffee before leaving the house this morning, then I had a 16 oz cup at work. I've got a caffeine high and am irritated because of the stimulant. I usually drink one cup of coffee every morning, but since coffee, tea and water are the only approved items that you can have an unlimited amount of I have been filling up on them. So my theories have been busted. I believe that the caffeine is to blame for my irritation. We will see as I limit my caffeine from  coffee during the rest of the diet.

Weight Check
Beginning weight      177.6
yesterday                 171.2
today d5vlc              170.0
____________________
total loss               7.6lbs in 4 days of vlcd.

No comments:

Post a Comment