Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Not that again.

This morning I got a visit  that every woman despises. She is never welcome, she comes without an inivitation, stays too long and costs too much. Aunt Flo surprised me this morning, I wasn't expecting her. I knew she would visit soon, but I hadn't counted since her last visit so I was a surprised too see her.

My first weigh in a the doctor was today. I was hoping for a 10 lb loss by the time I had my first official weigh in. I'm retaining water so I didn't make that goal on my home scale. I stepped on the scale this morning and only saw a .2 loss. I did however make it at the doctors. I had an 11.4 lb loss, I am not counting this though because I did not have the same clothes on and did not weigh the same time of day.

Hopefully in 5 days I will see a big drop due to water retention. I asked the girl at the wellness center if they recommend stopping injections during a period. Dr. Simeon's says he stopped the injections and weighing during menstruation. Amy, the diet coach, said no. She didn't stop and none of the other HCG'rs stopped either, so I'm not going to.

I want to follow Dr. Simeon's diet correctly but this is one thing that I'm not going to do. Amy said that there is not a big loss during TTOM and it's due to water retention and she thinks Dr. Simeon's stopped it so the patients were not coming in for shots and getting weighed. It is a psychological issue in her opinion. I am always 3-5 lbs heavier at TTOM so hopefully I will get a big surprise of 3-8 lbs after my cycle ends. I'm thinking I should have the 3 lb of water shed and 5 lbs for the days the scale doesn't show anything. Of course if I wake up every morning with a loss it will just be the water that I will lose. *shrugs*

I feel much much better. I felt better this morning, the diarrhea has stopped, I only had one episode yesterday and I have my energy back. I just got a b-12 shot, the energy was back before I got it. I honestly did not have the energy yesterday to blog much. This morning I was happy and euphoric again. It always helps to start my period. As I mentioned I get really irritated before TOM and as soon as it starts I feel the stress and frustration leave. This month was no exception so the HCG is not affecting me in a negative manner as far as my mood goes. Actually the effect is quite the contrary, it's positive for my mood. It is actually improving it, and that is a big relief to my hubby, he even commented on how happy I seem. That is always a good thing for the gentlemen. tee hee ha ha.

On a totally unrelated point, I had to look up the proper use of the word affect and effect. I always get those two confused. So affect is used when stating something influences and effect is the result of something. Now, if I could just remember that the next time I need to use one of those words correctly. *snark*

Anyway, I feel revived. I am ready to confront this diet head to head. I have not cheated, I have stayed the straight and narrow course. I had a rough 36 hours, all day yesterday and part of the day before. However this morning is a new day and I have overcome and won that battle, the next battle is on the horizon I'm sure, but staying the course will win the war!

Tale of the Scale
Start           177.6
Yesterday  168.8
today         168.6= .2lbs :o(     *TTOM
Total loss in 6 days = 9.1 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment