Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day One = Loading

In doing more research today about loading days it seems I started off slow. I had a McDonald's Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuit, Hashbrown and side of Sausage Gravy and a diet Coke. This added up to 670 calories. The webpage I was reading suggested loading at 93% fat. Whoa I've got some catching up to do.

For lunch the menu was again McDonald's. One Big Mac, One Filet o' Fish with extra tartar sauce, a large fry, a 16 oz chocolate shake and a large diet coke. I ate this as fast as I could, I almost choked but kept going. If I stopped I knew I would not be able to get it all in. It took about 10 minutes. I could not finish the fries and I have half the chocolate shake to get down. I have a 10 piece chicken McNuggets to eat around 3 so I load correctly.

The web page also said to take fish oil, vitamin A, and vitamin E. I take those regularly so I have them on hand. As soon as my stomach settles a little I'll take those supplements.

This is harder than I thought. I'm feeling pretty sick but the rationale is that if you load correctly you will not be hungry the first few days until ketosis kicks in. The article also suggested to lather the body in oils for the load days. This evening I'll get out the baby oil and start that. If I would have known I would have brought some oil in at work and worked on that all day.

This evening I'm picking up some oil free foundation, blush and deodorant. I purchased organic coconut oil for dry skin 2 weeks ago so I'm ready to go with that. The hair products are going to be my downfall. I love my Matrix conditioning balm and Paul Mitchell skinny, but those are off limits. I purchased mousse to replace the skinny and am hoping the coconut oil helps with conditioning my hair.

I'm editing this post to include my afternoon and dinner. I was planning on eating the 10 piece nuggets at 3 but could not possibly stomach them, by 4:30 I was able to get 9 of them down. We went shoe shopping for the kids and stopped in a Garfield's for dinner. I had a bacon cheeseburger with 2 tbs of mayonaise and onion rings. I could only eat 3/4 of the burger and two of the rings. I estimate my calories for dinner at around 1000.

I want to keep my stats as much as possible so here is what I've got so far.
Doctor's Scales Yesterday:  181.5 ---fully dressed with boots
My digital scale Day 1 a.m: 177.6----in lounge pants and long sleeved shirt

My calories Day 1              :            4500
Carbs                                 :         344gm = 30.5%
Fat                                     :          251gm = 50.1.2%

I missed the fat content for the day, but I still think I did well at 251 grams of fat. It wasn't easy I can tell you, I felt really sick all day, One more day and I can start the VLCD

No comments:

Post a Comment